- Q: How old do you have to be to volunteer?
A: Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer for Animal Trustees of Austin
- Q: Do you have a program for court-ordered community service hours?
A: No, we do not have opportunities for any type of court ordered service hours.
- Q: Does the Animal Trustees of Austin have volunteer opportunities for groups?
A: Our group opportunities are created on a case by case basis because of the small size of our clinic. Oftentimes group projects are done on Sundays when the clinic is closed and the animals are home with their owners. If you have a group that is interested in volunteering for a project, please contact our Volunteer Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Do I have to volunteer a certain number of hours?
A: We encourage our volunteers to make a commitment of 3 hours per week for at least six months.
- Q: When can I volunteer?
A: Volunteers are scheduled for a specific job on a specific day and time of each week. We ask volunteers to give us two weeks notice when they will be out.
- Q: Can I volunteer anywhere other than the clinic?
A: Yes, our Development Team utilizes volunteer assistance. We also need volunteer help for many events held throughout the year.
- Q: Is there a dress code for volunteers?
A: We ask that our volunteers wear Animal Trustees T-shirts, long pants, capris, and close-toed shoes. We do not permit volunteers to wear short shorts, flip flops, tank tops, or bare mid-riff shirts. If you are dressed inappropriately, you may be asked to leave.