Host An Event
Animal Trustees of Austin (ATA) greatly appreciates the community and financial support provided by third party events. If you are interested in hosting a third party event to benefit ATA, please see the guidelines below. Feel free to contact Tyler Neufeld at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
A Third Party Event Form must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the event.
No action should be taken on any event until the form is submitted and approval is received from ATA staff.
The following guidelines have been developed to protect the individuals, organizations and corporations hosting events (“Sponsor”) and the Animal Trustees of Austin (“ATA”).
1. Sponsor is responsible for ALL event coordination, marketing/promotion and sales.
2. ATA will not finance any expenses related to a Third Party Event or assume responsibility for any debts incurred.
3. Any use of the ATA logo or inclusion of the Animal Trustees of Austin name in all event promotion MUST be approved by ATA at least two weeks in advance of the event. Any contact with press or other media must be coordinated with ATA.
4. Sponsor is responsible for complying with all applicable local, state and federal regulations regarding a charitable event.
5. Sponsor agrees to coordinate with and request permission from ATA before soliciting any individuals, organizations or businesses in order to avoid duplicated efforts.
6. Sponsor must state the terms of the donation that ATA can expect from the event and must tender the donation within sixty (60) days of the event.
7. A donation solicited on ATA’s behalf, whether the donation is an item or cash, is fully tax-deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to ATA. ATA will determine what types of gifts can be considered tax-deductible prior to Sponsor solicitation or promotion, as only ATA can verify that such a gift was made, and its nature, to the IRS. This information must be made explicitly clear in promotion of the Sponsor’s event.
8. Donors to Third Party Events who wish to be receipted must make checks payable to Animal Trustees of Austin and provide an address. Cash donations must be received with a list of donors, addresses and specific amounts, otherwise cash will be collected as an anonymous gift. If event is a benefit, the donor will only be receipted for the donation amount minus the fair market value of the benefit.
9. When a portion of the ticket price or suggested donation from a participant of the Sponsor’s event is not tax-deductible, the Sponsor must clearly state this on all materials.
10. Due to limited resources, ATA cannot guarantee ATA staff or volunteers will attend an event. It is considered the responsibility of the person or organization conducting the event to fill volunteer positions.
11. ATA typically does not solicit participation from our supporters for Third Party Events and will not approve the third party use of our mailing lists.
12. ATA requires a minimum donation of $500 before a Third Party Event will be included on the ATA website.
The Animal Trustees of Austin reserves the right to decline participation or cancel participation in an event for any reason. Generally, the following events will not be approved
• Events that do not adhere to the ATA Third Party Event Guidelines
• Events that require ATA staff or volunteers to provide coordination, promotion, or sales.
• Events that require significant attendance from ATA staff or volunteers.
• Events scheduled in close proximity to an ATA event.
• Events that do not represent a positive image for ATA.